Oslo, the capital of Norway, is beautifully situated at the head of the Oslo fjord. It is known for its many museums and parks, but also offers a variety of restaurants and bars, see the links in the Information about Oslo section.
In the beginning of July, the sun rises around 4am and sets at 10:30pm in Oslo. The sun goes just bearly under the horizon however, so it never gets completely dark.
The conference will take place in the university library building, which lies on the Blindern university campus. (See the map!) Using the underground, the library can be reached from the city center within 10 to 15 minutes.
The Conference Dinner will take place after a boat tour on Thursday evening at the restaurant SULT at Hvalstrand Bad, with a view of the islands of the Oslo Fjord.
Information about Oslo
- Visit Oslo - The official web site for tourist information in Oslo
- The Oslo Pass - 1/2/3-day passes for public transport plus admission to many museums and sights
- Currency Converter - OANDA, tailored for NOK, EUR, and US$
- International airports around Oslo
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen - Norway's largest international airport.
- Airport Express Train - Departure from the airport to Oslo S (Central Station) every 10 minutes. Duration 19 minutes.