- Dragana Damjanovic, Michael Welzl: "MulTFRC: Providing Weighted Fairness
for Multimedia Applications (and others too!)", ACM Computer Communication Review 39(3), July 2009.
- Kashif Munir, Pascale Primet, Michael Welzl, "Grid Network Dimensioning
by Modeling the Deadline Constrained Bulk Data Transfers", 11th IEEE
International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications
(HPCC-09), 25-27 June 2009, Seoul, South Korea.
- Michael Schier, Michael Welzl: "Selective Packet Discard in Mobile
Video Delivery based on Macroblock-Level Distortion Estimation", IEEE
Infocom MoVID 2009 workshop, 24 April 2009, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Renato Lo Cigno, Matteo Nardelli, Michael Welzl: "SESAM: A Semi-Synchronous,
Energy-Savvy, Application-Aware MAC", Sixth Annual Conference on Wireless
On demand Network Systems and Services (WONS) 2009, 2-4 February 2009, Snowbird,
- Michael Welzl: "Using the ECN Nonce to detect Spurious Loss Events
in TCP", IEEE Globecom 2008, 30 November - 4 December 2008, New Orleans,
- Ayyappan Ravichandran, Marco Tacca, Michael Welzl, Andrea Fumagalli: "LN-MAC:
a Cross-layer Explicit Loss Notification Solution for TCP over IEEE 802.11",
IEEE Globecom 2008, 30 November - 4 December 2008, New Orleans, LA USA.
- Muhammad Murtaza Yousaf, Michael Welzl, Bülent Yener: "On the
Accurate Identification of Network Paths having a Common Bottleneck",
poster, ACM SIGCOMM 2008, 17-22 August, Seattle, USA.
- Michael Welzl, Mattia Rossi, Andrea Fumagalli, Marco Tacca: "TCP/IP
over IEEE 802.11b WLAN: the Challenge of Harnessing Known-Corrupt Data",
IEEE ICC 2008 (International Conference on Communications), 19-23 May 2008,
- Dragana Damjanovic, Werner Heiss, Michael Welzl: "An Extension of the
TCP Steady-State Throughput Equation for Parallel TCP Flows", poster,
ACM SIGCOMM 2007, 27-31 August, Kyoto, Japan.
- Max Mühlhäuser, Ralf Steinmetz, Michael Welzl: "Rechnernetze",
book chapter in Peter Rechenberg, Gustav Pomberger (editors): "Informatik-Handbuch",
4th edition, Hanser Fachbuch, 2006.
- Michael Welzl: "Network Congestion Control: Managing Internet Traffic",
John Wiley & Sons, July 2005. ISBN 047002528X (282 pages). Preface by
- Michael Welzl: "Scalable Router Aided Congestion Avoidance for Bulk
Data Transfer in High Speed Networks", PFLDnet2005 (Third International
Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long-Distance Networks), February 3/4 2005,
- Michael Welzl: "Scalable Performance Signalling and Congestion Avoidance",
Springer (originally Kluwer Academic Publishers),
August 2003. ISBN 1-4020-7570-7 (184 pages). Preface by Jon Crowcroft and
Reviewed in IEEE Network Magazine, November 2003. Received
Ph. D. thesis award 2004 from GI / ITG group "Kommunikation und Verteilte
Systeme (KuVS)" (Communication and Distributed Systems) in 2004 and "Award
for Young Scientists 2003" from the faculty of Natural Sciences, University
- Michael Welzl, Max Mühlhäuser: "Scalability and Quality of
Service: a Trade-off?", IEEE Communications Magazine Vol. 41 No. 6, June
2003, pp. 32-36.
Copyright Notice: Copyright and all rights of the documents
on this site are retained by authors or by other copyright holders (IEEE, ACM,
Springer, Elsevier, ...). The documents may not be reposted without the explicit
permission of the copyright holder.
IEEE Copyright Notice: This material is presented to
ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all
rights therin are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons
copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints
invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted
without the explicit permission of the copyright holder. Personal use of this
material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material
for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works
for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted
component of the works published in IEEE publications in other works must be
obtained from the IEEE. If you have any questions about this please contact
ACM Copyright Notice: The documents distributed by this
server have been provided by the contributing authors as a means to ensure timely
dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a noncommercial basis. Copyright
and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders,
notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is
understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms
and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted
without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Last update: 13. August 2009
Back to Michael's page