NSG news archive
- 29 September: we have an administrative change: Alexandra
left us, and now Martina, Verena and Boris support us.
will visit us in the context of BIT from 27 to 29 October. (cancelled!)
- 14 August: check out this job
announcement at the University of Trento!
- 07 August: check out this job
announcement for Ph.D. students in Burkhard Stiller's group (one of our
partners in the EC-GIN project) at the University of Zurich!
- 28 July: check out this master
thesis announcement from DLR!
Some additional information in German: Der
Student mte 6 Monate lange vor Ort daran arbeiten (d.h. in der Nähe von
München). Es gibt allerdings auch etwas Geld um die Lebenskosten abdecken
zu können. Neben der "normalen" Arbeit wird die schriftliche
Ausarbeitung ebenfalls vor Ort geschrieben. Betreuer ist Christian Bauer,
ein UIBK-Informatik-Absolvent. Bei Interesse bitte direkt wie in der Ausschreibung
angegeben Kontakt aufnehmen, und mich (Michael) in cc setzen.
- 9 June: I (Michael) am at DISI
in Trento to work with Renato Lo Cigno
until 29 June 2008.
- 6 June: Muhammad Ali is now Dr. Muhammad Ali - congratulations!
- 3 June: Murtaza has a poster accepted at SIGCOMM - congratulations!
.. and Mattia Rossi, former
student, started his new job at Grenville Armitage's CAIA
at Swinburn, Melbourne, Australia.
- 7 May: a lot of things happened...
- Sven's job ended - good luck with everything, I wish
you all the best for your future!
- Michael Schier joined us, filling Karl's place in the
- Philipp will join us full time in July
- We took a new picture, this time featuring me standing
like an angry cowboy
- Mattia Rossi, former student (see here
for some of his work) joins Grenville Armitage's CAIA
in Melbourne in June, to work in a research project with Cisco.
- Kashif and Murtaza received a travel grant for the PAM
workshop; Kashif went there, but Murtaza sadly didn't get the Visa in
- ... and we're working on GridNets
2008 - don't forget to submit a paper there!
- 10 January: Werner and Karl leave us by the end of this
month. I wish them all the best for the future!
- 12 November: congratulations to Kashif for his paper at
IEEE INMIC 2007!
- 10 October: both Kashif and Dragana have a paper accepted
at the EuroNGI Workshop
on IP QoS and Traffic Control - congratulations!
- 3 August: Murtaza's paper was accepted for the MetroGrid
workshop (co-located with GridNets),
and Kashif has a paper accepted for the GridNets
conference and the MANWEEK
EVGM workshop (congratulations!); Philipp Gschwandtner started his job
in July - welcome to the team!
- 28 June: Some collected recent news again: I (Michael) passed
my habilitation talk in Darmstadt; Dragana has a poster accepted at SIGCOMM
2007 as well as a travel grant for that trip (congratulations!); REVI has
- 24 May: An add-on project to the FWF project was accepted
by the TWF, allowing Sven to continue his work for another 4 months. Congratulations
Sven! (there's one more, totally different reason to congratulate him, btw...).
Please attend the talk of Bulent Yener about "measuring anonymity"
today, 18:00 in HS D!
- 21 May: Sorry, I forgot to update this for a while - in
the meantime, several things happened: Miklos
Telek visited us, Bülent
Yener is currently visiting us, and IP-TV++ / REVI received some press
attention (a whole page in the "Standard"! :-) ) - see here
and here (German).
- 5th of April: Welcome to Humaira Ijaz!
- 19th of March, 2007 is a memorable NSG day: the REVI project
was accepted, and Alexandra Krammel had her first day of work :-)
Congratulations to Karl, and a warm welcome to Alexandra!
- Thanks to everyone who helped to make IEEE/IFIP
WONS 2007 a memorable event!
- Europe-China Grid InterNetworking
we coordinate this EC-funded STREP project, which started in November 2006.
Last update: 29 January 2009